Happy New Year!

01.01.08
I know this blog doesn't look any different than my previous photography blog but I just wanted a separate one for this upcoming season.

On thursday Jan 3rd I will be headed to Kona Hawaii to participate in an intensive 3 month photography course. (For more information click here.)

This school is run through YWAM (Youth with a Mission) which is an interdenominational Christian missions organization that was started in the 60's with the desire to see young people sent to the nations as missionaries. You might have heard about YWAM in the news recently with the shooting in Colorado, I was at that base in 2004 doing a school of worship, I did not know anyone involved. Here is an article that talks about the shooting and the organization.

I've been looking into this school ever since I started with YWAM in 2003. They only accept 16 people a year. Even though tomorrow will be my last day here in the continental US it still doesn't quite feel like a reality.

Along with updating this blog (how frequent I don't know, that will be based on how much free time I have) I will be sending out monthly e-mail updates. If you'd like to get those you can send me an e-mail to ywamjim@yahoo.com with "subscribe" in the title.

I've also committed to doing one self portrait a day for 2008 (it's a flickr thing) you can follow that here.

Here's to an awesome 2008.
jim baker

p.s if you leave a comment please leave your first and last name so I know who you are!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

03.22.08 - its all over...


Last night we had our exhibition of all of our work. Here is a picture of my display. We had a couple of hundred people come through last night.

I'm working on debriefing and trying to process everything I learned on all levels and also start the cleaning and packing process.

I fly out Wednesday night back to the east coast. Lets hang out soon.
jim baker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The exhibit looks great. Looking forward to getting together this spring or early summer for a shoot.
Uncle Dave

Discover... Experience said...

Hi there Jim,

You have some great photo's. I enjoyed your youtube collection of shots from the SOP as well as your photo/journal story of Phil. Great work!

The school looks like something my wife and I both would love to do some day.

Blessings,

Shahid

JStanford said...

very nice!

I like how you have the picture of you stabbing the pineapple with the fork. heh.

Awesome stuff, have a good trip home!

The Rainwaters said...

Hey Jim...it's amazing to see how much you have grown as a photographer during your time, maybe I can take some lessons from you this summer...look forward to hangning out again!
-Jamie