Happy New Year!

01.01.08
I know this blog doesn't look any different than my previous photography blog but I just wanted a separate one for this upcoming season.

On thursday Jan 3rd I will be headed to Kona Hawaii to participate in an intensive 3 month photography course. (For more information click here.)

This school is run through YWAM (Youth with a Mission) which is an interdenominational Christian missions organization that was started in the 60's with the desire to see young people sent to the nations as missionaries. You might have heard about YWAM in the news recently with the shooting in Colorado, I was at that base in 2004 doing a school of worship, I did not know anyone involved. Here is an article that talks about the shooting and the organization.

I've been looking into this school ever since I started with YWAM in 2003. They only accept 16 people a year. Even though tomorrow will be my last day here in the continental US it still doesn't quite feel like a reality.

Along with updating this blog (how frequent I don't know, that will be based on how much free time I have) I will be sending out monthly e-mail updates. If you'd like to get those you can send me an e-mail to ywamjim@yahoo.com with "subscribe" in the title.

I've also committed to doing one self portrait a day for 2008 (it's a flickr thing) you can follow that here.

Here's to an awesome 2008.
jim baker

p.s if you leave a comment please leave your first and last name so I know who you are!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

03.20.08 - another slideshow


an slideshow of my work from the past 3 months.

enjoy...
jim baker

6 comments:

JStanford said...

sweet.

awesome stuff, both the photos and the music :D

Cheryl said...

Fantastic photos, Jim. You've really done great work in Hawaii. Not many people get to do what you've done.

Mojessjo said...

three months is up??? unbelievable. I really like the photo with the new flash and equip. and the skateboard photo...will use (with your permission) in my lesson powerpoint. Now what are you going to do?

mo weedlun

said...

sweeeet

bonnie said...

I really like the pulsing and fade-in contrast. woo, nice!

Daniel Chung said...

nice stuffs ahaha like ur previous vid too. gud stuff going hope to see u soon,
-daniel